Reported By Phil Nicholls
"Scientific" creationists have done everything from
taking quotes out of context to bald-faced lying. This is not ad
hominiem, it is documented fact. These include:
- Claiming that no transitional fossils exists (they do).
- Claiming that the recent Cambrian explosion supports creationism
since it shows that all "forms" of life present today appeared
during that event. They neglect to say that "forms" here means
major PHYLA and that important groups ( mammals, angiosperms,
etc) do not appear until much latter.
- Citing the pillow lavaflows in Hawaii to show that Potassium
Argon dating doesn't work while failing to mention that the
scientist knew it wouldn't work because the type of lava had
excess amounts of Argon gas. (K/Ar dating assumes a slow cooling
of lava. Lava cooled quickly, such as pillow lavas, will not
yield accurate results. The scientists in question were testing
to see just HOW inaccurate these materials are.
- Talking about the Palauxy river tracks years after they were
shown not to be human tracks.
- Presenting false credentials and degrees on literature.
- Duane Gish's continued use of the bombardier beetle two years
after his assumptions were show to be erroneous.
- Chronic misuse of quotes from Stephan Jay Gould, Colin Patterson
and other well known evolutionary biologists.
We are not talking about science here. Creation "scientists"
don't do science. The are political lobbyists. Their most
effective members are their legal staff.