Neo-Paganism, Paganism, Wicca, and Earth-centric religions. This
is the page. I always find it astonishing that, here in the
"Western" societies such as North America, Central America,
South America, Oceanus, and much of Europe, when one speaks of
"god" one assumes that there is only one, and that it is the
YHWH god of the Hebrews and neo-Jews, or the Jesus god of the
neo-Christians, or the Allah god of the neo-Muslims. There are
so many gods and goddesses, it seems strange to me that
people do not identify the god they are referring to when
discussing him, her, them, or it. When Creationists assert that
"God did it!" they fail to demarcate which god--- indeed, they
often fail to realize that there are a great many too choose
from, all of whom are credited with creating the universe,
Earth, and / or life on Earth. As the life of the anti-Semitic
bigot Joseph Campbell showed, it could take a life-time to get
to know every god and goddess that exists or has existed.
That YHWH, Jesus, Allah, and the gods that over 700,000 Hindus
revere or worship happen to be the most popular gods at the
moment is of no consequence. They will pass away like countless
others have: a brief fling with humanity, and then oblivion---
footnotes in the life of Homo sapien sapien. Popularity
contests are fleeting.
I've included ancient gods and goddesses as being "neo-Pagan"
instead of "Pagan" because they are still being worshiped, and
their contemporary aspects and attributes are almost always
drastically different than their ancient aspects and attributes.
- The Goddess Lilith Some
thoughts, ideas, and poetry of the Sumerian / Hittite / Assyrian
/ Hebrew / Babylonian Terrible Mother Goddess.
- Greek / Roman Lots and lots of
them to choose from. This page shows 14 GIFs, reduced to
16 colors to save disk space and browser time.
- Set Egyptian god. Text files from
The Temple of Set. Even though Satan is a Christian god, Set (a
very rough aproximation of "Satan") is an Egyptian god, so he is
included on the neo-Pagan page.
- Great Great Pagans in Science.
- A little less misunderstanding What Christians Don't Understand about Neopaganism.
- What Is Wicca? An Introduction to "The Old Religion" of Europe and its Modern Revival, by Amber K.
- Wicca: Craft of the Wise By Merlana. Explains what Wicca is and is not.
- Wiccan "Laws." Two Approaches One approach is by J. Random Folksinger, the other is by L.A. HUSSEY, who disagrees with Folksinger.
- Dianic Wicca Dianism In A Nuit-Shell, By Inanna Seastar.
- Rest In Peace A pagan plot for witches to rest in peace, The Electronic Telegraph, Monday 4 March 1996.
- Pantheacon. Wiccan Humor A field guide to neopagandom.
- Bookstore Haunt Witches' forum haunts bookstore, Rocky Mountain News.
- Wiccan Path A Christian speaks on the faith and path of Wicca.
- History History of Witchcraft.
- To Wiccen or not to Wiccen Christians "christen" a child shortly after it comes into the world. Surely, then, it would make sense for Wiccans to "wiccen" a child at the same age - or even earlier.
- Witchcraft #1 Witchcraft, By Starwyn. WICCA (sometimes called Wicce, The Craft, or The Old Religion by its practitioners) is an ancient religion of love for life and nature.
- Witchcraft #2 Witchcraft, By Starwyn. Sometimes I think that it's a real shame that Witchcraft and "Satanism" don't live up to their media image.
- Neo-Nazi Neo-Nazi Wiccan members--- I had to admit that these Wiccan really are members of Wicca, distasteful as it is for me to admit.
to Shy David's Home Page.