Why do we have vestigil fingers on our feet? Why do so
many human infants get born with tail stubs? Why do we have the
masoidic assembly? Why do our nasal passages drain into our
lungs? Why are our ankles so damn thin and weak compared to our
weight and height? Why are our ribs designed to carry weight
Evolutionary scientists have the answers: Creationists (i.e.
anti-science fools) do not.
Whales with legs; snakes with legs; snakes with one atrophied
lung; embryonic gill slits in ALL land animals; the human jaw
too small for the number of teeth it holds (i.e. impacted wisdom
teeth). Why would the gods make these worthless, and often
dangerous, vestigil features? Scientists know the answer: I've
yet to hear a Creationist offer any rational explanation.
All that Creation "Scientists" offer are strawman arguments:
attacking a fiction that they create and then pretend that they
have "won" when no real scientist defends the false position.
I have 27,295 text files on my home computer that discourse on
the sciences, the humanities, politics, social sciences, art,
music. 8.45 per cent of them (2,307 files) relate only to the
evolutionary sciences and the anti-science, anti-intellectual
dogma called "Creationism." It is therefore not easy to select
which ones to present on my WWW site, considering the limit on
disk space allotted to me. Therefore this note: the subject
is no where near adequately discussed on this, Shy David's WWW
site! The Talk.Origins
Archive is the place to go for anyone interested in this
subject. The Talk Origins Archive web server includes a search
engine for their site, to allow viewers to quickly find what
they are looking for. Or read the newsgroup talk.origins.
When one reads assertions written by anti-science fools
(Creationists), one is struck with the parallel between their
methods and those of the Holocaust deniers. Both edit quotes
from actual scholars, modifying them in such a way that what
was actually said by scholars and scientists are presented
as saying the exact opposite. This is the CHIEF
modus operandi of both Holocaust deniers and anti-evolutionists.
When these deceptions are pointed out to them, they fabricate
other lies; later on they present the already refuted lies
again, as if they had not been caught.
THERE HAS YET TO BE ANY CREATION "SCIENTIST" WHO HAS WON A
SCIENTIFIC DEBATE AGAINST A REAL SCIENTIST. Yet these
anti-science Fundamentalists are very good at "winning"
non-scientific "debates" with real scientists, since they have
no scruples in lying, deceiving, and doing every dishonest thing
it takes to sway their audience towards the false belief in
Creationism (which their audiences usually already believe,
since these "debates" are sponsored by cults and are held in the
cult's houses of worship).
I've plugged in quotes from Dr Pepper below for fun. This was
more or less arbitrary, since there are so many eloquent people
represented in my files.
Stoning non conformists is part of science. Stoning conformists
is also part of science. Only those theories that can stand up
to a merciless barrage of stones deserve consideration. It is
the Creationist habit of throwing marshmallows that we find
annoying. --- Dr Pepper
- The Truth What science did to Creationism.
- Rev. David Lawrence Critique of "Why I Believe in Creation," the tract written by Rev. David Lawrence. July 6th, 1995CE
- Fraudulent Degrees The "Doctors" Of The Institutionalized Credulous Retards
- Creationism Creationism according to Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia
- Eldredge Eldredge Speaking About Creationists' Lies
- CRS Oath Creation Research
Society's Oath, comments by Scott Faust. The cult insists that
members sign an oath stating they will accept, a priori, only
"evidence" that fits their cult's agenda, and discard the
- Warlock in a Waistcoat a "book
review" by Dr Pepper: "Warlock in a Waistcoat: the Truth about
Charles Darwin", by Prof. Righteous Titilation. Charisma Press,
Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology
shows a fossil sequence, the list of species representing
changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships
among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all
together. Creationism is the practice of squeeezing one's eyes
shut and wailing "DOES NOT!" --- Dr Pepper
- Evolutionary knowledge test
Dear Creationist: We who follow conventional science appreciate
your zeal and commitment in desiring to show us the errors of
- The Anti-Evolution Game By Dr
Pepper. Here's an opportunity to see how good you are at
refuting evolution scientifically. That means using science, not
faith. If you have faith that evolution is false, that's great
for you but has nothing to do with science.
- Catastrophism The End Of Catastrophism, by Dr Pepper
- ICR Watch ICR Watch - April Fools Edition. By Larry Sites. Explains a bit about what the cult has been up to.
- The Money Is The ICR Cult Just In It For The Money?
- Oath-taking Is Not Science! The Institute for Creation 'Research' Oath. States a priori that members will discard evidence that counters their occult beliefs.
- ICR Whoppers ICR Whoppers. From the Talk.Origins Archive
"Creationists are the liars, freely slinging their mud at all
who cross their peculiarly myopic point of view." - Niles
- Visit ICR I visited the ICR (Imbeciles for Creationism Rhetoric) in person. The ICR demonstrates that it knows NOTHING about evolution, evolutionary theory, and science.
- A Visit to the ICR 25 thinkers visit the cult. Detailed expose on the ICR cult's "museum."
- ICR Contridicts Self Rev Gish gets confused.
- More ICR Lies Well the ICR is STILL actively lying.
- ICR Lunacy Guess what, Duane Gish is now an astrophysicist! He's the author of a 24 page tract that confidently proclaims God created the moon.
- ICR Luna(tics) In an attempt to rip off the 25th anniversary of the moon landing, the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) has produced a half hour radio show called "Apollo, Quest for the Moon".
[The evolutionary scientists'] motto is
"ignore peer pressure until you drop because you were wrong, or
your peers drop because you were right." That's science.
--- Dr Pepper
- The Flood Of Noah One hundred and twenty five years ago, George Smith, a young assistant at the British Museum, was at work deciphering fragments of the ancient story of the epic of Gilgamesh. Late one night it suddenly dawned on him that in Tablet 11 of Gilgamesh he was reading the story of Noah in the Bible.
- Liar Appleton #1 Where is the SCIENTIFIC THEORY OF CREATION?
- Liar Appleton #2 Wesley R. Elsberry Corrects Laurie Appleton's Lies
- Evolution 'Backwards' Actually, the quote may well be accurate. The amusing irony is, of course, that it says absolutely nothing inimical to the reality of evolution.
- Liar Appleton #3 Alec Grynspan Corrects Appleton'e Lies. Inclues FTP link for examining Appleton's Lies
- Liar Appleton #4 Where is the SCIENTIFIC THEORY OF CREATION?
- Liar Appleton #5 Laurie Appleton Caught Lying Again
- Child Abuse Creationis Equals Child Abuse
"Your own science has found fossilized fish on the tops of HIGH
mountains. Do you think they took up mountain climbing some 70
gagillion years ago?" -- Greg Waggy, Fundamentalist Christian
- Noah's Daughters? WHERE did the OTHER 43 alleles come?
- Who is god? Robert Curry Corrects A Creationist
- Does god exist? Marty Leipzig Corrects John N. Clayton about "Does God Exist"
- Scientist's Quotes Quotes That Creationists Love Lie About
- Creationism The 'Science' Of Creationism
- Everyday Creation 'Science' Although the principles of "Creation 'Science'" are chiefly used to argue that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old, they have a number of applications to everyday life.
- Wieland Stupidity Another creationist liar imitates the emperor
"Take a hard look at the Grand Canyon. try to explain
that through evolution." - Freddie Cash, Creationist
- More Wieland Stupidity WWII airplanes were buried under several hundred feet of ice in 50 years.
- Transitional Fossils John Musselwhite Corrects Liar Appleton On Transitional Fossils
- Creationist Techniques Sooner or later, if you have any interest in science, or in education, you will encounter a Creationist Argument. Creationists are always trying to sneak Biblical Creationism into the curriculum by any means possible. To this effect, they will try to convince parents, teachers and school boards that they are presenting real science.
- Ignorant Armies Off-site. Ignorant Armies, by Mark A. Noll. Copyright (c) 1993 First Things 32 (April 1993):45-48. The Creationists: The Evolution of Scientific Creationism. By Ronald L. Numbers. Knopf. 458 pp. $27.50.
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics Typical of the work of creationist quote-hackers, that is the exact opposite of Blum's thesis - he considered the 2nd Law to be essential to the evolution of life.
- Chandra Wickramasinghe Creationist Chandra Wickramasinghe, testimony in McLean v Arkansas Board of Education
"Balance what, Laurie? Science with religion? DNA with Noah's
Ark? Archaeopteryx with a unicorn?
"Balanced treatment already exists. Children learn about science
in science classes and if their parents are bent that way they
can learn about Creationism and the Bible at home and on
Sundays. If their parents are extremely bent they can put their
children in religious brainwashing "academies" for a few years,
but we'll just have to straighten them out later so why bother?"
-- John Musselwhite
- Creationist Dishonesty From the talk.origins FAQ: Some Verifiable Instances of Creationist Dishonesty.
- Suspicious Creationist Credentials From the talk.origins FAQ archive. A few Creationists "doctors" are not.
- Creation ex nihilo Creation ex nihilo - Without God (1997). From the Internet Infidels. Explains how the universe probably came into existance.
- God and Evolution By Howard J. Van Till. Addresses many of the falsehoods spread by the lawyer Phillip E. Johnson.
- Bibles and the Board News update: Creation / Evolution "Controversy"
- Isaac Asimov Asimov speaks about the dishonesty of Creationists.
- Darwin's Black Box Book review by Scientific American, Jamuary 1997.
- George Harper A Creationist caught lying for his god.
- fsteiger This web site contains a great deal of information on the creation / evolution "controversy."
- Sir Arthur C. Clarke "Presidents, Experts, and Asteroids,"
to Shy David's Home Page.